Wednesday, August 11, 2010

cravings of ash & merv off drugs & sweet matt

a couple nights ago we were laying in our bed and our window unit was blowing freezing air on me. i suddenly began craving hot cocoa. i told matt my craving and his first words were: it's the beginning of august. i explained i was freezing and he finally gave up on reason and said we could make hot cocoa. so we hop out of bed and head to the kitchen. we are in the kitchen long enough to grab a mug and dig the stephan's out from the back of the cupboard and my craving completely vanishes with the heat that is creeping in on me! i put the kybosh on the cocoa and we head back to bed. about 6 minutes later my craving was back. long story short: we head back to the kitchen, make cocoa, and  i sipped cocoa in my bed, at 11pm, in August...with a smile on my face (while sweet matt rubbed my feet)

merv is back on litter instead of shredded paper and matt is almost as excited as merv. merv is also off drugs now which he isn't happy about. i can't believe how much he loved his drugs. the first night we had to pry his mouth open and shove them down, but once he got a taste of them he couldn't get enough. he would lick the  injector, squirter thingie long after he had downed that night's dosage.

last night we folded our mountains of laundry while watching LOST. merv jumped from hamper to hamper, pausing occasionally to watch LOST. he kept pouncing on the folded clothes so i scooped him up and put him on the couch. a little bit later i looked back and this is what i found:






1 comment: